Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sometimes a blog is just a blog is just a blog...

So, in case you didn't know it, I'm done with UCLA.

Which is great, in the sense that I'm no longer a student.

But no so great in the sense that I won't be able to do the radio show.

But, there are things in the works.  Things that hopefully will works (see what I did there?  Yes, I too hate that phrase...) out by the end of 2013.

That is, I need to build a recording studio in my garage.

That's right, my garage.  Because I have a house.  Because I'm no longer a student.  Damn, I thought you were paying attention!

In the meantime, while the studio is being built [contracted out], I'm going to be using this blog to write about anything and everything.

And mostly nothing.

In other words, I'll be using this blog as a blog.

So, please excuse the typographical errors.  I'm going back to the original blogging (OB!) style, of treating it like a journal.  And like a journal, it probably won't sound that great, and there will be errors.

Oh yes, there will be errors.

You have been warned.

Or at least, I feel a bit of liberty now to write whatever I want.  Because I'm not promoting this blog anymore, so only strangers are reading it.

I think...

:-/

Let me know if you're not a stranger...

-DJ O


1 comment:



  1. Jazz Report for the CMJ Issue #1302/Tony Adamo Miles of Blu @#7
    June 25th, 2013
    WNMC 90.7 FM
    1701 E. Front St.
    Traverse City MI 49686-3016
    www.wnmc.org
    www.spinitron.com



    Jazz Report for the CMJ Issue #1302
    June 25th, 2013


    1. DUPREE
    "Nuestro Camino"
    (Public Hi-Fi)

    2. KERMIT RUFFINS
    "We Partyin' Traditional Style!"
    (Basin Street)

    3. QUENTIN ANGUS
    "Perception"
    (Aurora Sounds)

    4. CHUCHO VALDÉS & THE AFRO-CUBAN MESSENGERS
    "Border-Free"
    (Harmonia Mundi)

    5. WAYNE WALLACE LATIN JAZZ QUINTET
    "Latin Jazz - Jazz Latin"
    (Patois)

    6. FRANK WESS
    "Magic 101"
    (IPO Recordings)

    7. TONY ADAMO
    "Miles of Blu"
    (Random Act)

    8. CORY WEEDS / BILL COON QUARTET
    "With Benefits"
    (Cellar Live)

    9. KENNY BARRON & THE BRAZILIAN KNIGHTS
    "Kenny Barron & The Brazilian Knights"
    (Sunnyside)

    10. BENNETT/BRUBECK
    "The White House Sessions, Live 1962"
    Drummer Mike Clark is the Music producer on Tony Adamo's Miles of Blu


    ReplyDelete